Monday, January 28, 2008

So Much Going On...

WOW, so much has happened since I last wrote. I have gone almost a full week of being nausea free!! Yahoo! That's huge. I'm feeling great. Still tired here and there, but that is to be expected. Especially with a little baby under construction in there!
Last Thursday, January 24th marked the end of the 1st Trimester! WOW it has gone soo fast! I can't believe it. It seems like I just found out that I was pregnant. This Thursday I have my second visit with the midwife. We are excited to get to hear the baby's heart beat. Amazing! What a miracle, a blessing from God.

In addition to all these fun things I started back to work today. I have been out on leave since Oct. 19th. I injured the joint capsules in two of my toes in both feet. Although the injury happened almost a year ago I received a series of inappropriate care for months, which in turn set me back. It wasn't until October that I got a second opinion and received the care that I needed. I rest assured that all the events that occurred happened for a reason. I know that God has been in control. Why I had to deal with the first doctor I do not know and may never know, but I am thankful now for where I am. I am very thankful for a doctor that has made my healing a top priority. Under her care I started healing after 2 1/2 weeks of being off work! Although I missed the patient interaction and my coworkers while I was off, I see how God used this time to show me and teach me what it will be like to be at home full time. :)
Needless to say I am thankful to be back at work and blessed by the opportunity to wrap up this chapter of my life. I have loved working at YLPT and know that I will miss being their. But I am super excited that our family is growing and that God has seen fit to bless us with a child. I know that this will be the most rewarding, challenging and blessed time of my life. Lord willing I will be working for five more months, after which I will rest and then have the baby in August. So, today was my first day back. It went really well. For the most part I felt as if I hadn't left. I got to tell my coworkers the fun new. It was a shock to some more then others, but it went well. It was good to see that I hadn't forgotten anything and that they didn't think that I had either. :) It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Cookies