Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Overwhelmed

I've had requests to write more frequently, but have been nausious or not sure as to what to write. But yesterday and today I have felt pretty well. It's amazing. I'm not so sure that the nausea is really gone, but I'll take the two days without the nausea. What a blessing! So I will try to write more frequently now that I'm feeling better.

I know that there are so many of you out there that probably have lots of good advice and Dan and I are at the overwhelmed stage, so I thought that I would use the blog as a way to learn new things!
I've been trying to read or gather resources on pregnancy and babies.
So far I've been reading or gathering:
What to Expect When You're Expecting
The Pregnancy Bible
The Pregnancy Journal
3 Baby Name Books
Mother by Kathleen Norris (which has started off to be a really good book!)
Baby Wise/ Mommy Wise
And a few others
Are there any books out there that any of you would recommend about Pregnancy or Babies? We'll get into specific subjects later!

When you get pregnant you think Wow I have to come up with a name for this child. And for me I have to think and ponder and think. Then we went to the Baby Store! Oh WOW! There are 10-50+ of everything! How do you make decisions!? It's crazy. If there is something that comes to your mind that you can't live without, you absolutely love for your child or even could live without please pass the info along at any time. :) or you can email me at frecklednielsen@yahoo.com
Thanks for any of your input!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Aimee! We are SO excited for you and your baby boy! What a blessing! =) I, too, read Babywise and found it good, but very rigid. I would advise you to keep reading through the series - the 5 months and on was good and gave advice that I wish I had followed (email me for details). Other books I really liked were "The Babywhisperer Solves Your problems" by Tracy Hogg, and "The Baby Book" by Barry Sears. Both of these books I used as references steadily through about 18 mo. Hogg is a lactation consultant but covers all baby eating issues, sleeping issues, and is like Babywise but less dogmatic. Sears' book I used for illnesses or anytime I was worried that something was wrong. It is a THOROUGH index of rashes, coughs, etc. and helped me know whether what I was seeing was worth a doctor's visit. He also tackles sleeping/feeding but is very into on-demand feeding and co-sleeping, which I am not. Email me if you need more info or book references as you progress in stages. =)

Cookies