Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Our 1st Appointment 1/2/2008


This morning we had our first appointment with our midwife. The appointment went pretty well. It is so amazing that we can see our baby! We could even see the heart flicker on the screen as it was beating! Amazing! The first picture shows the side view of the baby, you can see the head at the top and the little feet buds at the bottom. The bottom picture shows a front view. You can see the head at the top, little arm buds and feet buds at the bottom. You can click on the pictures to see an enlarged view.

Our due date is August 7th, 2008! Give or take a week. Our next visit will be in 4 weeks, Jan. 31, 2008. Then we will get to hear the baby's heart beat.
For now my job is to get lots of rest, eat lots of calcium and folate, exercise and withstand the nausea. :)
We are so excited and amazed.

'For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance,
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them.'
Psalm 139:13-16

It is amazing to me that God knows this baby so intricately. God knows this baby's life, every day, every purpose and even it's name. All before we do! God knew the perfect timing of this perfect child, created by Him. I am in awe of my God and my creator. He is worthy to be praised for this amazing miracle.

6 comments:

Lan said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

kristin said...

Those little feet buds are too cute huh? Congrats, this is all so exciting.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dan and Aimee!!! We were so excited to get your Christmas card and then read the exciting news on your blog. Parenthood is the greatest!!! We'll be praying for you guys as you begin this new adventure! We look forward to reading your updates.
Love, Josh and Beth (& Caleb)
P.S. Check out www.calebrose.com to see pics of our little guy!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you two!

Unknown said...

Oh, I already love her (or him) so much! Keep good care of the little bean! :)

Bill said...

Looks like a kicker.

Cookies