Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Day of Work


Well yesterday was my last day of work. How weird! I've worked at YLPT for over three years and have loved it! I remember when I was hired, Rob asked me what I wanted to do, go back to school, get a masters degree, get another certification...My response was that I wanted to be a mom. And here I am. He was completely okay with the response. Having two kids of his own, family is very important. He figured that with Dan finishing up school he would have me around for about a year or so. Over three years later we've made the big step. When I started working there I thought yea I want to be a mom one day, but I love this job. How will I ever leave it! Over the years God has worked in my heart and has shown me what is more important to me. I will always love that job, I worked for two great physical therapists. But family is more important. It is just so hard for me to believe that Evan is due in 19 days, could arrive sooner or later, but soon, very soon I will be taking on a whole new line of work. Wow!
The hardest part about leaving YLPT is not being able to talk about life and patient care with Rob and Kris. I'm going to miss those guys. The patients too! I loved the interaction with the patients and I loved being a part of getting them better. I will have a new family member now that I will take care of. Thankfully Dan and I do live so close to the office and they said that I better stop by. Of course I will. I'm sure in a few days or weeks it will really hit me that I'm not working there and I'll break down. So far I've just managed to have the watery eyes. All this change is hard on an emotional pregnant woman.

Well, tonight after Dan gets off work we are going down to Oceanside to spend some time with his family for the weekend. That should be fun. :) We are going to the Zoo at Night on Sat. Night. I love the Zoo. I'm excited about that.

No comments:

Cookies