Wednesday, July 9, 2008

37 Weeks

Today marks 37 weeks down. It is hard to believe that little Evan may arrive at any time now. There is definitely part of me that is excited to see him and meet him, but another part that is not ready for him to come. I have some things around the house that I would like to get organized first and get some odds and ends done. I know that when he comes is not up to me though. It's all in God's perfect timing. :)

I had a pretty routine visit with the midwife yesterday. Evan's heartbeat was normal, 150 bpm. Next week they will check to see how far along I am. That should be fun. :o Today Dan and I met with Dr. Lamb, a pediatrician. With Kaiser, they allow you to make appointments with pediatricians before the baby is born. It is kind of like an interview. Dan and I were very pleased with the appointment. He thoroughly answered all of our questions, asked us some questions and even gave us more info. I know that I will be very comfortable bringing the little guy to see him. He is also available by phone and email. I like the convenience.

Things are going well, Evan's room is coming together and we are just preparing for the arrival. Tomorrow is my last day of work. It is very surreal. I have worked there for over three years and have loved my job. This week has already been difficult saying good-bye to patients. I know that my body is physically ready to be done with work, but mentally it will be difficult. I'm closing the door to this chapter of my life and getting even closer to motherhood. This is what Dan and I have longed for and are so excited about, but it doesn't make change any easier. Tomorrow will be a tough day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Aim, I hope your last day of work today goes well. I know how difficult it can be and will certainly be praying for you. God is doing amazing things in your life and I'm so excited for your next chapter! Love you much!

Cookies